I wish there was a simple answer to the question, “What do you use for your blog?” The best answer tends to be, “It depends.”
On what does it depend? Well…
- My mood
- If I’m in plain-text mode or pointy-clicky mode
- How long I’ve been using the same (now boring) platform(s)
- If I’m in minimalist mode or feature-complete mode
- How much I feel like dealing with servers
- Am I in everything-in-one-place mode or each-thing-plays-a-part mode?
- How important is convenience over permanence/performance?
- What day of the week is it?
Based on the current combination of the above, I will use WordPress, Blot, Micro.blog, Hugo, or org-mode.
Or more likely, I’ll use ALL of them!